Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Fred Marer Collection & Scripps Annual

Last year Suzette Munnik from the Xiem Clay Center arranged a visit to see the Fred Marer Collection at Scripps College. It was an incredible experience being able to examine firsthand ceramic works that you normally only get to see behind glass in museums. I have been in contact with Kirk Delman, the Collections Manager at Scripps and arranged a visit to the collection. You can learn more about the collection here, Fred Marer Collection
I have timed this viewing of the collection to coincide with the Scripps Ceramics Annual
The visit is scheduled for Saturday March 8, more details on time and where we will meet will follow soon. Please leave a comment and let me know if you are coming. There will be a limit of 25 people.

2 comments:

Greg Vineyard - Asheville said...

Yes, sign me up! Thank you for coordinating! greg

Anonymous said...

I'll hang with you!
SallyAnne
Clayshapergallery.com